Ryan Gosling's 'Only God Forgives' Debuts Two Gritty Trailers (Video)
The actor reunites with “Drive” director Nicolas Winding Refn for the bloody revenge drama.
Ryan Gosling gives and gets more beatings in two new trailers for his gritty drama Only God Forgives.
It’s in the same vein as previous promotional materials, which paint his reunion with Drive helmer Nicolas Winding Refn as a bloody tale of revenge. The film centers on Julian (Gosling), an American exile living in Thailand. He’s running a boxing ring as a front for a drug business, and along the way his brother is murdered.
Julian’s response to the murder doesn’t sit well with his mother (Kristin Scott Thomas), who in both new trailers chides: “If the tables were turned your brother would have found your killer and brought me his head on a f---ing platter.”
And then Julian is off, walking through Thailand’s underworld, depicted in lush red and gold colors.
The film is slated for a July 19 release. Watch the trailers below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR