Ryan Kavanaugh Loses AMPAS Appeal for 'Fighter' Producer Credit
Relativity Media CEO Ryan Kavanaugh has lost his appeal with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to be listed as a producer of The Fighter.
The Academy only allows three producers for each film submitted for Oscar consideration and has determined that David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg will be The Fighter's official representatives, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Kavanaugh is one of six people with a producer credit on the film.
The Producers Guild of America also nixed an appeal by Kavanaugh to be one the drama's "official" producers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!