Ryan Markowitz Joins Entertainment One's U.S. Theatrical Division
The former New Line Cinema and Picturehouse exec will oversee film distribution and booking, based in Manhattan.
TORONTO – Former New Line Cinema and Picturehouse exec Ryan Markowitz has joined Entertainment One Films’ U.S. domestic theatrical division.
Markowitz becomes vp of theatrical sales and distribution after consulting with the Canadian producer and distributor starting a year ago on the release of A Late Quartet and Cosmopolis, and more recently on the Starbuck rollout.
Based in Manhattan, he will now work full-time on film distribution, booking and collection for a slate of mostly upscale arthouse pictures, independent genre films and feature documentaries.
The Entertainment One U.S. film slate includes the fashion doc Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s, Brian de Palma’s Passion, and the Sundance-title We Are What We Are, from director Jim Mickle.
“Ryan’s brings a wealth of experience in specialty releasing and we’re thrilled to have him join the team,” said Dylan Wiley, vp of theatrical marketing and distribution at the theatrical film division in a statement.
Markowitz also completed earlier executive stints at Apparition, FilmDistrict and IDP.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR