Ryan O'Neal's Son Ordered to Rehab
A judge also orders Redmond O'Neal to five years of probation.
Ryan O'Neal's son, Redmond O'Neal, pleaded no contest to drug and weapons charges Wednesday and was ordered by a judge to spend one year to rehab, Reuters reports.
The 26-year-old son of Farrah Fawcett, was arrested earlier this year after police found heroin and marijuana in his car after a traffic stop. After searching his house, officers uncovered a gun, and because O'Neal was on probation for a prior conviction, he was not allowed to possess any firearms.
On Wednesday, the judge ordered five more years of probation for O'Neal. He had pleaded no contest to one count of possessing heorin and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Earlier this month, Ryan O'Neal said that his son "never recovered from the loss of his mother."
"Addicts keep using until they want to stop. We're praying for him every day," he added.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR