Ryan Reynolds Film 'Queen of the Night': Ascot Elite Acquires German-Speaking Rights
The company also picks up "Calvary" from 'The Guard' director John Michael McDonagh.
COLOGNE, Germany - Swiss-based distributor Ascot Elite picked up six pre-sale titles out of Berlin's European Film Market earlier this month, including Atom Egoyan's new thriller Queen of the Night starring Ryan Reynolds and Rosario Dawson.
Ascot took all rights for German-speaking Europe, including all of Switzerland, for Queen of the Night, which is currently shooting in Canada, from Entertainment One.
Ascot also nabbed all German-speaking rights for Calvary, John Michael McDonagh's follow-up to his debut hit The Guard from Protagonist Pictures. The dark comedy features The Guard star Brendan Gleeson as a priest who is told in confession that he will be killed in exactly one week. Chris O'Dowd, Kelly Reilly and Aidan Gillen also star.
Ascot's other EFM acquisitions include the French family adventure Belle & Sebastian from director Nicolas Vanier, which the company took for Germany and Austria from Gaumont and German-speaking rights to: John Huddles' fantasy thriller The Philosophers from Bankside Films; The Pact 2, the sequel to the 2012 horror title from Content Media and the martial arts auctioneer Green Street Hooligans: Underground from SC Films.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'