Ryan Seacrest Buying Ellen DeGeneres' Beverly Hills Estate
UPDATED: The three-acre-plus compound had been listed for $49 million and includes a 9,200-square-foot main house.
In one of the largest Los Angeles-area real estate deals of the year, American Idol host Ryan Seacrest is buying talk show host Ellen DeGeneres' Beverly Hills compound, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The deal for the property, which had been on the market for $49 million, is expected to close this week, according to a source with knowledge of the transaction.
A source close to the deal said the sale price is in the $40 million range, though another well-placed source pegged the price tag at $37 million. The price will become public once the transaction is recorded with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.
The nine-bedroom property includes a 9,200-square-foot modern residence, two guesthouses and a separate three-bedroom house. It is located on a private street in north Beverly Hills.
The houses and guest houses are situated on more than three acres, and the grounds include a swimming pool and large pond. DeGeneres assembled the compound during the past five years or so by combining four separate properties.
The one-story main house previously was owned by Will & Grace co-creator Max Mutchnick, who sold it to DeGeneres in 2007 for $29 million. Prior to Mutchnick, the main residence was owned by film and TV composer Jerry Herman. It was designed by noted architects Buff & Hensman for actor Laurence Harvey (The Manchurian Candidate, Room at the Top).
DeGeneres, host of the syndicated talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show, put the compound on the market in May 2011 for $60 million but later reduced the asking price. A source said she fielded multiple offers on the property.
This spring, Seacrest put his gated Hollywood Hills compound on the market for $11.985 million; he had previously listed it for sale in 2010 for $14.95 million.
Both Seacrest and DeGeneres are being represented by Kurt Rappaport of Beverly Hills-based residential real estate brokerage Westside Estate Agency.
TMZ first reported the deal.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David