Ryan Seacrest Prods. Promotes Unscripted Executive
Though RSP is still in search of a new CEO to replace departing exec Adam Sher, it has firmed up its unscripted department with Matt Sims upped to senior vp unscripted development.
Matt Sims is moving up the ranks at Ryan Seacrest Productions.
In his new role as senior vp unscripted development, the Texas native works with RSP's senior vp development Jason Salarnis on several development projects for NBC, Fox and MTV, among other nets.
Sims reports to executive vp unscripted programming Izzie Pick Ashcroft, who oversees a slate best known for E!'s extensive Kardashian collection. Among RSP's other series: Married to Jonas, The Wanted Life and Bravos' Shahs of Sunset, among others.
He previously served as a vice president at RSP, and before that as a director of development at TLC. During his tenure at the latter, he worked on programs such as Cheer Nation Perfection and Something Borrowed Something New. Before TLC, he worked at Authentic Entertainment, where he was involved in series including Toddlers & Tiaras.
Sim's promotion comes as the company is in a state of flux, with THR reporting in late November that CEO Adam Sher was set to exit. Seacrest has not yet named his replacement, though sources suggest a search is underway for an established, senior level executive.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR