Ryan Sheckler Golf Tournament Raises $200,000
The sixth annual event, held at Trump National Golf Club, benefited injured sports athletes and children in need.
Professional athletes, action sports stars and celebrities came together to show their support for professional skateboarder Ryan Sheckler’s sixth annual celebrity golf tournament.
The event, hosted by the Sheckler Foundation, raised more than $200,000 for injured sports athletes and children in need, all in the name of its “Be the Change” initiative.
The panoramic Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes served as the backdrop for Monday’s charity event, which drew the likes of returning actors/attendees Wilmer Valderrama and Danny Masterson along with Chris McDonald, perhaps best known for his role as Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore.
Pro athletes Travis Pastrana, Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg, Sean Malto, James Driscoll and Ryan DeCenzo also teed off for the cause.
After hitting the links, the golfers convened inside the clubhouse to participate in a live auction. The $200,000-plus was the most the foundation has ever drawn.
Guests were treated to a performance by 11-time world champion surfer Kelly Slater, who joined singer Kelley James onstage to write and play a song for the finale.
Sponsors included Oakley, Nixon, GoPro, Red Bull, Ford and Fred Water, the last of which served as the benefactor for the crowd-favorite, $5,000 Helicopter Ball Drop.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!