Sacha Baron Cohen Reveals 'Dictator' Red Band Trailer (Video)
General Aladeen delivers a baby, talks 9/11 in new preview.
From pouring Kim Jong Il’s purported ashes on Ryan Seacrest at the Academy Awards to endorsing Dominique Strauss-Kahn as the next president of France, the world has already seen plenty of Sacha Baron Cohen’s new character ahead of The Dictator’s May 16 release.
But in a newly released red band trailer, Paramount reveals more of the raunchy subject matter behind the film. The new clip combines previously seen footage with a few 9/11 jokes, sexual advances toward Anna Faris’ character and even a baby delivery scene.
“I’m sorry, bad news,” he says. “It’s a girl. Where’s the trash can?”
Cohen’s latest film, directed by Larry Charles, is believed to be based on the self-aggrandizing novel by Saddam Hussein (with a satirical twist), in which Cohen plays the privileged and sociopathic ruler of the North African nation of Wadiya.
From his revision of his native language to tilted Olympics, he's a character that is both farcical and a comment on the grandiose monuments and inane, ego-stroking power trips so often embarked upon by true radical dictators.
Watch the red band trailer above.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical