Sacha Baron Cohen in Early Talks for 'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel
The project would reteam "Alice" star Johnny Depp and Cohen, who starred together in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street."
Sacha Baron Cohen is in early talks to star in Alice in Wonderland 2 for Disney.
The sequel, set to hit theaters over Memorial Day weekend in 2016, returns Johnny Depp as well as Mia Wasikowska in the title role.
This time out, James Bobin (The Muppets, Muppets Most Wanted) will be sitting in the director's chair. Tim Burton directed the first Alice in Wonderland, which transformed into a box-office sensation in spring 2010, grossing $1.02 billion globally.
Bobin is set to begin shooting Alice 2 in June or July. Alice 2 would reteam Depp and Cohen, who starred together in Burton's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007).
Joe Roth, Jennifer Todd and Suzanne Todd are producing.
Among Cohen's other projects, he is set to star in Grimsby, Paramount's spy spoof. He is represented by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'