SAG-AFTRA Reaches Deal With Movie Marketing Company
The deal with Cimarron Group comes just hours after THR broke the news that the union had issued a Do Not Work order.
SAG-AFTRA has reached a deal with Cimarron Productions, Inc. also known as The Cimarron Group, resolving a Do Not Work order issued Thursday against the entertainment marketing company. The order had stated that the company had “fail(ed) to make payments of compensation due to many performers as well as pension and health contributions.”
Spokeswomen for both the union and the company confirmed the agreement to The Hollywood Reporter, and said that a check had been delivered to the union. A union spokeswoman told THR that the check was an “initial payment,” and said that the union expected to notify its members Monday that the order had been lifted, once details of the agreement are finalized.
The amount of the payment was not disclosed.
Cimarron was founded in 1979 and produces a wide array of audiovisual, print and digital content, including brand advertising and behind the scenes videos for major studio films. The company has over 150 employees, with offices in Los Angeles, Beijing and Singapore, according to LinkedIn and a Businessweek database.
A source had said that a resolution was hoped for by early next week, but ultimately the deal was reached less than three hours after THR broke the news that an order had been issued.
Bookmark The Hollywood Reporter’s Labor Page for the most in-depth coverage of entertainment unions and guilds.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)