SAG-AFTRA Co-President Ken Howard to Run for Re-Election
He will be eyeing his third term; it is unknown if co-president Roberta Reardon will also run.
SAG-AFTRA co-president Ken Howard is running for re-election.
It is unknown whether Roberta Reardon, who became co-president with Howard after SAG and AFTRA merged into one union in 2012, is running for re-election as well.
In September 2011, Howard was re-elected as SAG president for his second term. At the time, Howard told The Hollywood Reporter the results of the election — which favored pro-merger candidates — were “an overwhelming endorsement of the merger.”
Howard's decision to run for a third term comes after SAG-AFTRA approved the recently negotiated commercials contract and a restructuring plan that included 60 layoffs, which began in early May.
The deadline for election nominating petitions for president and other positions is 5 p.m. June 14. Additionally, the cutoff for voting eligibility is June 17. Members must be in good standing for the Nov. 1, 2012, and/or May 1, 2013 dues period.
On July 16, ballots are mailed for voting with the deadline to return set for 6:30 a.m. Aug. 15. The convention takes place Sept. 26-29.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR