SAG-AFTRA's David White to Receive Bar Association Award
The actors union's national executive director will be named Attorney of the Year by a preeminent African-American bar association.
On Feb. 8, SAG-AFTRA national executive director David White will be honored by The John M. Langston Bar Association of Los Angeles with its Attorney of the Year Award at the 2014 Installation and Awards Gala.
Langston is the oldest and largest African-American bar association in California. Its annual event honors lawyers, judges and corporate, community and academic leaders who have provided service to the legal community and the community at large. Previous honorees include Earvin ‘Magic’ Johnson and actor Blair Underwood, among others.
Said White, “I remember well how members of the Langston Bar welcomed me into the fold when I first began my law career. I am deeply honored and grateful to receive this award. The Langston Bar is an extraordinary organization with a rich tradition of excellence, professional support and community service, and I look forward to celebrating with my fellow honorees.”
White is a graduate of Stanford Law School and a Rhodes scholar. He is the current chair of the board of trustees of the SAG-Producers Pension & Health Plans, a member and former chair of the board of trustees at his alma mater, Grinnell College, and a member and former vice chair of the Industry Advancement and Cooperative Fund. He also serves as a trustee of the AFTRA Health & Retirement Funds, and as a board member of the Motion Picture and Television Fund, the SAG Foundation, The Actors Fund and Volunteers of America – Greater Los Angeles.
In addition to White, this year’s honorees include Gary C. Williams, professor of law, Loyola Law School; Pauline Fischer, vice president of digital content acquisition, Netflix; Nedra E. Austin, executive director/senior real estate and contracts counsel at DineEquity, Inc.; and boxer Sugar Ray Leonard.
Bookmark The Hollywood Reporter’s Labor Page for the most in-depth coverage of entertainment unions and guilds.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!