SAG Awards 2013: Illness Hits the Red Carpet
Jennifer Lawrence, Marion Cotillard and Tommy Lee Jones were among the stars who showed up sick to the awards ceremony -- or didn't show up at all.
The stars may have appeared glamorous on the red carpet at the SAG Awards on Sunday night, but it's safe to say that some weren't feeling quite as good as they looked.
Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard were just two of the many A-listers who copped to being sick.
“I have walking pneumonia; it's highly contagious," Lawrence, who won best actress for her role in Silver Linings Playbook, told E! Entertainment's Giuliana Rancic, as quoted by USA Today. But, she added, “I'm fine now.”
(Her Silver Linings co-star Jacki Weaver accepted an award on Lawrence's behalf Saturday at the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Awards in Los Angeles.)
And Cotillard also warned the E! host not to get too close.
“Don't touch me; I'm so sick,” said the actress, a nominee for Rust and Bone.
Tommy Lee Jones, a winner for his role in Lincoln, didn't attend the show because he was sick with the flu, CNN reported.
And in his lifetime achievement award acceptance speech, Dick Van Dyke said that both Carl Reiner and Mary Tyler Moore weren't at the ceremony due to illness.
“I have to say one thing, my lord and savior Carl Reiner couldn't be here tonight,” Van Dyke joked. “There's a lot of flu going around.”
Isabelle Allen, meanwhile, who played the young Cosette in Les Miserables, made a valiant effort to attend the ceremony. But she got nauseous before and during the limo ride to the Shrine Exposition Center and again on the red carpet -- and was sent home early.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!