SAG Foundation Golf Classic Draws Kiefer Sutherland, Joel McHale
The 3rd annual event, hosted by "Sons of Anarchy's" Ron Perlman, boasted a big turnout of actors on Monday.
There was golfing for a cause Monday at the Lakeside Golf Club in Burbank for the 3rd Annual Los Angeles Golf Classic. The event was presented by the Screen Actors Guild Foundation and sponsored by Integrated Wealth Management for a second year. Those in attendance included Kiefer Sutherland, Ray Romano, Joe Pesci, Joel McHale, Danny Masterson (of Men at Work) and Kevin Rahm (of Desperate Housewives and Mad Men).
The charity tournament, "Actors Fore Actors," also included a live auction and award ceremony benefitting the Foundation’s Catastrophic Health Fund and Assistance Programs, which provide health insurance grants when illness or injury threatens an actor’s work. Ron Perlman (of Sons of Anarchy) served as host for the event.
"This has been a really good year, and it feels phenomenal to see the cross-section of people who showed up," Perlman said of the large turnout of actors for the golf tournament. "We had some really high level members contribute and be here to play and enjoy the day."
Perlman noted this year marked the most successful Golf Classic, which ended up selling out. With the success of this year’s event, SAG Foundation executive director Jill Seltzer looks to next year with high hopes.
"It’s such an inspiration for us who work at the Foundation to watch people in the industry care about what we do," Seltzer said. "It’s celebratory, community, sport and a fun way for a lot of actors to come out and help raise funds for their fellow actors."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game