SAG/AFTRA Merger Process Continues
The unions’ working group continues to develop the detailed merger plan.
Merger discussions between SAG and AFTRA continued this past weekend, albeit partially by video and teleconference, a change necessitated by Hurricane Irene. The talks spanned Saturday through Monday.
Meeting together as the Group for One Union, or G1, members and staff of both unions received a presentation from its Member Education & Outreach Workgroup, and reviewed and discussed findings and recommendations of its Governance & Structure Workgroup. These and four other member-led workgroups have been holding discussions and crafting the details of the merger plan.
“If anyone doubted our commitment to merger, what happened this weekend should put those doubts to rest – even a hurricane couldn’t stop us,” said SAG National President Ken Howard.
“We made important progress this weekend,” said AFTRA National President Roberta Reardon.
The weekend meetings were facilitated by Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations Professor Susan J. Schurman, and labor consultant Peter S. DiCicco. The next G1 meeting is scheduled for October 14 – 18 in Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR