Coroner: Sage Stallone Died of Heart Disease, Not Drugs
The body of the 36-year-old son of Sylvester Stallone was discovered last month.
Sage Stallone died of natural causes and with no drugs in his system, according to a report from TMZ.
A source connected with the L.A. County Coroner told the site there was evidence Stallone suffered from heart disease, and that such advanced heart problems were “unusual” for someone his age. He was 36 at the time of his death.
Previously, Stallone’s mother speculated prescription drugs might have played a role in her son’s death, as she said he was taking painkillers following dental surgery. Investigators found empty pill bottles in Stallone's apartment.
Stallone, son of Sylvester Stallone, was found dead in his apartment July 13, though he may have been dead for several days. He was mourned in a private ceremony July 21 in Brentwood, Calif.
“It’s very, very tough,” Stallone’s father said during an appearance on Good Morning America earlier this month. “It’s a horrible situation, but time hopefully will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something that’s a reality of life."
Stallone made his acting debut in Rocky V, where he played son to his father’s boxing champion. He also appeared in the action star’s 1996 disaster film Daylight.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR