Salaam Remi Heading To Sony Music As Executive VP of A&R
The Grammy-nominated producer and songwriter has worked with Alicia Keys, Nas, Miguel and the late Amy Winehouse.
Sony Music Entertainment is expected to name Salaam Remi as executive VP of A&R/production, according to sources familiar with the situation. In his new role, the Grammy-nominated producer and songwriter will work across all Sony labels.
Remi's most recent credits include Alicia Keys' current top five R&B/hip-hop hit "Girl on Fire" and Tamia's "Beautiful Surprise," plus credits on the latest albums by Miguel ("Kaleidoscope Dream") and Nas ("Life Is Good"). His extensive discography also includes production collaborations with Amy Winehouse, Monica, Jazmine Sullivan and the Fugees as well as several film scores (Sparkle, Tyson).
Remi is the latest of many hit songwriter-producers to join labels' executive ranks. Last year, Chris "Tricky" Stewart was appointed to a senior A&R post at Epic Records and No I.D. was named EVP of A&R at Def Jam. And last month, The-Dream was appointed exec. VP of A&R for Def Jam. Singer-songwriter-producer Ne-Yo also holds a SVP title at Motown.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR