Sally Catto Bolts Cineflix Media for Return to the CBC
The veteran TV exec joined the producer of "Copper" in August 2011 to jumpstart local drama production, and now returns to the Canadian pubcaster as programming head.
TORONTO – Sally Catto, who last year jumped from the CBC to Cineflix Media to spearhead a move into Canadian TV dramas and comedies, is returning to Canada's public broadcaster.
Catto, who served as executive vp of Cineflix Studios, becomes executive director, commissioned and scripted programming, at the CBC.
Based in Vancouver, she will oversee drama, comedy, kids and documentary fare.
Catto leaves a hole at Cineflix Media as it looks to build a scripted division in Canada; the company has opened a Cineflix Media unscripted division in Los Angeles, led by Lisa Levenson, while a separate Cineflix Studios scripted division stateside produces Copper for BBC America.
To make room for Catto’s return to the CBC, Trevor Walton becomes head of co-productions.
That move echoes Catto in 2009 being promoted at the CBC from creative drama head to arts and entertainment head, a post held by Fred Fuchs before he was reassigned to become general manager of production enterprises.
Fuchs eventually returned to the indie production sector with Take 5 Productions.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress