Sally Catto Bolts Cineflix Media for Return to the CBC
The veteran TV exec joined the producer of "Copper" in August 2011 to jumpstart local drama production, and now returns to the Canadian pubcaster as programming head.
TORONTO – Sally Catto, who last year jumped from the CBC to Cineflix Media to spearhead a move into Canadian TV dramas and comedies, is returning to Canada's public broadcaster.
Catto, who served as executive vp of Cineflix Studios, becomes executive director, commissioned and scripted programming, at the CBC.
Based in Vancouver, she will oversee drama, comedy, kids and documentary fare.
Catto leaves a hole at Cineflix Media as it looks to build a scripted division in Canada; the company has opened a Cineflix Media unscripted division in Los Angeles, led by Lisa Levenson, while a separate Cineflix Studios scripted division stateside produces Copper for BBC America.
To make room for Catto’s return to the CBC, Trevor Walton becomes head of co-productions.
That move echoes Catto in 2009 being promoted at the CBC from creative drama head to arts and entertainment head, a post held by Fred Fuchs before he was reassigned to become general manager of production enterprises.
Fuchs eventually returned to the indie production sector with Take 5 Productions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR