'Salmon Fishing' a go, with Hallstrom directing
Lionsgate U.K., BBC Films partner with Kudos for the film
CANNES -- Lionsgate U.K. and BBC Films are partnering with Elisabeth Murdoch's U.K. production banner Kudos Pictures to pole up for "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen."
Lasse Hallstrom will direct the Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Thomas starrer from a script by Oscar-winning scribe Simon Beaufoy.
Based on Paul Torday's novel, the rom-com will be produced by Kudos chief Paul Webster and marks Lionsgate U.K.'s second British co-production after "Blitz." Lionsgate International is selling "Yemen" to buyers here in Cannes.
Lionsgate U.K. CEO Zygi Kamasa brokered the deal with Webster and Paula Jalfon of BBC Films.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR