'Salmon Fishing' a go, with Hallstrom directing
Lionsgate U.K., BBC Films partner with Kudos for the film
CANNES -- Lionsgate U.K. and BBC Films are partnering with Elisabeth Murdoch's U.K. production banner Kudos Pictures to pole up for "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen."
Lasse Hallstrom will direct the Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Thomas starrer from a script by Oscar-winning scribe Simon Beaufoy.
Based on Paul Torday's novel, the rom-com will be produced by Kudos chief Paul Webster and marks Lionsgate U.K.'s second British co-production after "Blitz." Lionsgate International is selling "Yemen" to buyers here in Cannes.
Lionsgate U.K. CEO Zygi Kamasa brokered the deal with Webster and Paula Jalfon of BBC Films.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'