Sam Worthington joins 'Fields' film
'Avatar' actor to play a Texas homicide detective
Sam Worthington has signed to star in "The Fields."
The "Avatar" star will play a Texas homicide detective who joins with a New York detective to investigate unsolved murders in the Texas bayous.
Ami Canaan Mann is set to direct the feature, to be produced by her father Michael Mann and Michael Jaffe for QED and Forward Pass Inc.
Don Ferrarone has written the screenplay, based on a true story.
QED founder Bill Block will be selling international rights at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin.
CAA, which represents Michael Mann and Worthington, set up the project with QED, which is financing. QED and CAA are co-representing domestic rights.
Pre-production has already begun in Louisiana, with the project scheduled to start shooting in early April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack