Sample Digital, Dax work flows
Sample Digital Holdings is leading a roll-up of its online dailies services provider Digital Dailies Llc. and media encoding facility Sample Digital Media Services Llc. with privately owned workflow-systems developer Dax Solutions. Hyperion Entertainment Group is backing the deal and becomes a minority shareholder in Sample Digital.
Josh Kline, CEO of Digital Dailies and Sample Digital, becomes chairman of Sample Digital Holdings; Dax CEO Patrick Macdonald-King was named CEO of Sample Digital Holdings.
"This move is all about delivering an industry-standard production workflow and exchange platform to studios and networks as well as opening the door to greater expansion for our new company," Macdonald-King said. "Current clients can expect continued product support and the same quality experience with all of the services provided by Dax, Sample and Digital Dailies."
Digital Dailies and Dax supply Web-based digital production workflow and digital dailies systems for use during the content creation, distribution and approval process. Both companies also offer set-top-box applications.
Added Kline: "We are not done yet. We are going to build or buy (additional technologies)."
Sample Digital anticipates launching a new digital workflow platform by year's end.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack