Samuel L. Jackson to Make Broadway Debut as Martin Luther King
4:10 PM PDT 4/14/2011 by THR staff
He is headlining "The Mountaintop" about the 1968 assassination of the civil rights leader.
Samuel L. Jackson will make his Broadway debut as Dr. Martin Luther King in the Broadway production of Katori Hall's The Mountaintop.The Mountaintop - which re-imagines events the night before the 1968 assassination of the civil rights leader - is being directed by Tony Award Nominee Kenny Leon (A Raisin in the Sun) Performances begin Sept. 22 at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre (242 West 45th Street), with an official opening taking place Oct. 13. Tickets will go on sale at a later date. The Mountaintop is produced by Jean Doumanian Productions, Sonia Friedman Productions, Ambassador Theatre Group, Jerry Frankel, Ted Snowdon, Bob Bartner, and Tom Wirtshafter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)