San Sebastian Announces Official Jury
Jonathan Rosenbaum to head New Directors jury
MADRID - Mexican screenwriter and director Guillermo Arriaga, Spanish cult film director Alex de la Iglesia and American actress Frances McDormand are three of the judges who will comprise the jury for the 59th San Sebastian International Film Festival's official competition.
Norwegian Bent Hamer, director and head of BulBul Film production company, Chinese actress Bai Ling, French cinematographer Sophie Mantigneaux, British actress Sophie Okonedo round out the Official Section jury.
American writer and film critic Jonathan Rosenbaum will chair the Zabaltegi-New Directors competition, which offers the winner the largest monetary prize of any festival--90,000 euros ($110,000).
Spanish cultural programmer Lucia Casani, Austrian actress Jessica Hausner, Head of Programming for Berlin Film Festival’s Panorama sectionPaz Lazaro and the Jeonju Film Festivalprogrammer Un-Seong Yoo comprise the rest of the New Directors jury.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sandra Bullock's Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Awarded THR's Top Stylist Ranking!
- Emma Watson Begins 'Noah' Press Tour, Premieres Film in Berlin!
- Kanye West & Jay Z Perform 'Otis,' 'Gotta Have It' & More at SXSW - Watch Now!
- 'Two & a Half Men,' 'Good Wife' & Many Others Renewed By CBS, 'Crazy Ones,' Left Off List