San Sebastian Announces Official Jury
"I'm Not There" director Todd Haynes will preside over the jury at the festival.
MADRID -- Acclaimed U.S. writer-director Todd Haynes will head the official jury for the 61st San Sebastian International Film Festival, responsible for awarding the non-cash Golden Shell to the top film.
Musician David Byrne, producer Mariela Besuievsky from Spain's prolific Tornosol Films, Spanish writer-director Cesc Gay and actors Paulina Garcia, Diego Luna and Valeria Bruni Tedeschi will round out the jury at the festival, which runs Sept. 20-28.
Meanwhile, screenwriter Marina Stavenhagen will chair the Kutxa New Directors jury, which decides the largest monetary prize given at any festival -- €50,000 ($66,000) to be divided between the film's director and the Spanish distributor.
Arnaud and Jean-Marie Larrieu's Love Is the Perfect Crime and Jean-Marc Vallee's Dallas Buyers Club have been added to the Pearls sidebar, organizers also announced Friday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical