San Sebastian to Honor Ewan McGregor
The actor will receive the Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award Sept. 27 at the presentation of "The Impossible."
MADRID – The 60th San Sebastian International Film Festival will pay tribute to Ewan McGregor with the Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award, organizers announced Tuesday, a day after revealing a special 60th Anniversary Donostia Award for Oliver Stone.
Calling the Scottish-born actor “one of the finest actors of his generation” and saying he “consistently captivates audiences with a diverse line-up of roles across a multitude of genres, styles and scope.”
With a string of roles ranging from the heroin-addicted Mark Renton in Irvine Welsh’s Trainspotting to the legendary Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars saga, to starring opposite Nicole Kidman in the musical Moulin Rouge, his diverse film credits also include Big Fish, Black Hawk Down, The Island and most recently Beginners.
McGregor will receive the award Sept. 27 while in San Sebastian for the European premiere of Juan Antonio Bayona’s much-anticipated The Impossible, in which McGregor stars opposite Naomi Watts in a drama based on a true story of one family’s terrifying account of the 2004 tsunami that swept through Southeast Asia while vacationing in Thailand.
San Sebastian runs from Sept. 21-29 in Spain’s northern Basque region.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'