Sandra Bullock does 'Blind Side' in New Orleans
Actress hosting red carpet event for her latest film
Actress Sandra Bullock plans to walk the red carpet in New Orleans next week for a special premiere of her latest film, "The Blind Side."
Bullock, who recently bought a home in New Orleans, is hosting the event with Warner Bros. to raise money for one of the city's high schools flooded by Hurricane Katrina.
Bullock has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Warren Easton High School for scholarships, new band uniforms, auditorium renovations and a new health clinic.
The movie is based on a true story of a poor teenager taken in by a family and recruited by a major college to play football. It also stars country star Tim McGraw, a Delhi, La., native.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR