Sandra Bullock does 'Blind Side' in New Orleans
Actress hosting red carpet event for her latest film
Actress Sandra Bullock plans to walk the red carpet in New Orleans next week for a special premiere of her latest film, "The Blind Side."
Bullock, who recently bought a home in New Orleans, is hosting the event with Warner Bros. to raise money for one of the city's high schools flooded by Hurricane Katrina.
Bullock has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Warren Easton High School for scholarships, new band uniforms, auditorium renovations and a new health clinic.
The movie is based on a true story of a poor teenager taken in by a family and recruited by a major college to play football. It also stars country star Tim McGraw, a Delhi, La., native.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!