Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in Sony's 'Annie' Remake
Will Smith and Jay-Z are producing the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical.
Sandra Bullock is in early talks to join Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhane Wallis in Annie, the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical that Sony is making with producers Will Smith and Jay-Z.
Bullock would play Miss Hannigan, the mean lady who runs the orphanage inhabited by Annie (Wallis) and her friends. (Foxx will play a modern incarnation of Daddy Warbucks, a billionaire named Benjamin Stacks.)
But that is only if a deal is made. Bullock and the studio were in talks in March, but the actress ultimately passed at the time. Now the two sides are back at the table.
Carol Burnett memorably played the role in the 1982 movie.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett-Smith are joined by Jay-Z, Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR