Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in Sony's 'Annie' Remake
Will Smith and Jay-Z are producing the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical.
Sandra Bullock is in early talks to join Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhane Wallis in Annie, the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical that Sony is making with producers Will Smith and Jay-Z.
Bullock would play Miss Hannigan, the mean lady who runs the orphanage inhabited by Annie (Wallis) and her friends. (Foxx will play a modern incarnation of Daddy Warbucks, a billionaire named Benjamin Stacks.)
But that is only if a deal is made. Bullock and the studio were in talks in March, but the actress ultimately passed at the time. Now the two sides are back at the table.
Carol Burnett memorably played the role in the 1982 movie.
Will Gluck is directing the project, which has a host of producers: Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett-Smith are joined by Jay-Z, Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Sony is eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David