Sandra Oh, Emily Watson, Nia Vardalos and Melora Hardin in Phone-Sex Comedy '33 Liberty Lane'
The rom-com from "Garfield" director Peter Hewitt begins shooting this summer in Winnipeg.
COLOGNE, Germany - The femme comedy quartet of Emily Watson, Sandra Oh, Nia Vardalos and Melora Hardin have checked into to 33 Liberty Lane, a romantic comedy about four friends who set up a phone-sex company.
British helmer Peter Hewitt (Garfield, The Borrowers) is set to direct the Liberty Lane script by Canadian writer Stephen Ayres for producers Su Armstrong (Good Will Hunting) and Brian Rosen (Ferngully) of Australian shingle Tree. Filming is set to start in June/July in Winnipeg, Manitoba - taking advantage of Oh's summer hiatus from Grey's Anatomy - for delivery for Sundance 2013.
The film's plot has the four down-on-their-luck women turning to telephone sex as a way to make a quick buck. But without much in the way of sexual expertise - their team includes mother and recently dumped wife Brenda (Watson), the 40-year-old virgin Karen (Oh), stalled corporate executive Connie (Hardin) and serial marrier Isabella (Vardalos) - they enlist the services of a local hooker to keep their new erotic business afloat.
Danish sales group Level K has picked up world sales duties on 33 Liberty Lane and will be shopping the title to buyers in Cannes next month.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR