Berlin 2013: Saoirse Ronan Joins Cast of Ryan Gosling’s Directorial Debut
Eva Mendes, Matt Smith and Ben Mendelsohn also assemble alongside Christina Hendricks for fantasy-drama "How to Catch a Monster," which Gosling also wrote.
Saoirse Ronan has come aboard Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut How to Catch a Monster alongside Eva Mendes, Matt Smith and Ben Mendelsohn.
Christina Hendricks will star in the film billed as a modern fantasy-drama based on a script by Gosling.
Scheduled to begin shooting this May in Detroit, the movie is being touted to buyers by Sierra/Affinity at the EFM.
Marc Platt and Adam Siegel are producing on behalf of Marc Platt Productions, along with Gosling via his Phantasma Films label and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster via the Bold Films banner.
Set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city, the film follows a single mother of two as she is swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town.
Best known for her roles in Atonement and Hanna, Ronan next will be seen starring in The Host and How I Live Now.
She is currently shooting Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel and next stars in Working Title's Mary Queen of Scots.
Smith most recently starred in BBC One series Doctor Who.
Ronan is represented by CAA and Macfarlane Chard. Mendes and Mendelsohn are represented by CAA. Smith is represented by UTA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR