CANNES REVIEW: Australia's latest feel-good musical adventure focuses on Aboriginal soul singers.
The times might be troubled, but the focus is squarely on jubilation in The Sapphires, a jewel-bright charmer about four indigenous women whose powerhouse voices catapulted them onto the '60s-era world stage as Australia's answer to The Supremes.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR