Sara Bareilles, Jason Collins to Headline LGBT Democratic Fundraiser with Michelle Obama
Bareilles is expected to sing her new song "Brave" at the NYC event benefiting the Democratic National Committee.
First lady Michelle Obama will make a visit to Manhattan’s Park Ave. on May 29 for an exclusive LGBT reception, headlined by singer Sara Bareilles and NBA star Jason Collins, to benefit the Democratic National Committee.
Tickets to the 5 p.m. event, which is being hosted by the LGBT Leadership Council, are scaled from $32,400 to $1,250 apiece. Bareilles is expected to perform her new song "Brave" (from the forthcoming album The Blessed Unrest) which has become an anthem for gays struggling with coming out.
Andy Cohen, executive vice president for development and talent at the Bravo cable network, is also set to attend.
The DNC is engaged in an intense fundraising cycle in preparation for what is shaping up to be a 2014 midterm congressional election that well may determine the success or failure of President Barack Obama’s second term. Organized gays and lesbians have emerged as an increasingly crucial and active component of the Democratic coalition.
The Entertainment Advisory Council’s Eric Ortner and Bruce Roberts pulled together the entertainment for the event.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR