Sara Canning, Sarah Allen Board Canadian Medical Drama 'Remedy'
The "Viampires Diaries" star will play a general surgeon in the indie series for Global Television.
CANNES – The Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning, Sarah Allen and Dillon Casey have boarded the Canadian medical drama Remedy.
Canning will play a general surgeon in the fictional Broadview Hospital, while Allen performs the role of an ICU nurse and Casey plays a medical school dropout.
They join Enrico Colantoni, who was already announced in the role of a passionate father and doctor who is acting chief of staff at the hospital.
The Global Television drama comes from Canadian indie Indian Grove Productions and has started production in Toronto.
Bernie Zukerman and series creator and showrunner Greg Spottiswood are executive producing.
Production on Remedy will continue through January, 2014.
The ensemble cast includes Matt Ward, Genelle Williams, Patrick McKenna and Martha Burns.
Red Arrow International holds international distribution rights to Remedy, which has Kelly Makin and Adam Barken as co-executive producers along with Jan Peter Meyboom.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR