Reporter Who Broke Jerry Sandusky Story Joins CNN
Penn State grad Sara Ganim, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, will be based in Atlanta.
The Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper reporter who broke the news that a Pennsylvania grand jury was investigating former assistant Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky is joining CNN.
Sara Ganim, who graduated from Penn State and covered the Sandusky case through his trial and conviction – and appeared on CNN and Headline News as a contributor – broke the story for the Harrisburg, Pa. Patriot-News. The Penn State alum earned a Pulitzer for her work on the Sandusky case. Also, in 2011, Ganim was awarded the George Polk Award and the Sidney Award for her journalism efforts.
Terence Burke, vice president of newsgathering for CNN, announced Tuesday that Ganim will be based in CNN's Atlanta headquarters.
“Sara is multi-talented, and a relentless reporter. Her instincts and her robust questioning while covering the Sandusky trial and the Penn State community are a testament to her award-winning journalism,” Burke said. “We are very fortunate to have her join our newsgathering team and we believe she has a bright future with CNN.”
Before her work with The Patriot News, Ganim covered crimes and courts for the Centre Daily Times in State College, Pa. and freelanced for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel in high school.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!