Sara Gilbert Engaged to Linda Perry
The co-host of "The Talk" shares the details of the surprise proposal with the CBS daytime audience.
The Talk co-host Sara Gilbert is engaged to singer-songwriter Linda Perry.
Gilbert shared the details of the surprise proposal Monday on the CBS daytime talk show. Perry went to elaborate lengths in setting up the big moment, which involved a picnic in the park, members of both of their families, singer John Waite (who played his song "Missing You," which also was their "breakup song") and a series of T-shirts adorned with the words "Will you marry me?"
So what was Gilbert's response? "Well yeah, after that spectacle!"
Gilbert and Perry have been dating since late 2011. The former Roseanne star, who is the sister of Melissa Gilbert, also executive produces The Talk. She shares custody of an 8-year-old son, Levi, and 5-year-old daughter, Sawyer, with TV producer ex Allison Adler.
Perry, former lead singer of 4 Non-Blondes, is now a songwriter with hits for Pink, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera andJames Blunt to her credit.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical