Sara Rue will host CW weight-loss show
THR EXCLUSIVE: 'Shedding' to premiere midseason
Sara Rue has been tapped as host of the CW's midseason reality series "Shedding for the Wedding."
Rue, known for roles on ABC's "Less Than Perfect" and "Eastwick," will hold court over the network's weight-loss show. She lost 40 pounds on Jenny Craig and in December became a spokesperson for the company.
On "Shedding," 10 overweight couples live together and battle during a three-month period for the wedding of their dreams. The couple that loses the least amount of combined weight at the end of each episode is sent home.
No premiere date has been announced.
Rue is repped by APA and Alan David.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP