Sarah Jessica Parker Replaces Demi Moore as Gloria Steinem in 'Lovelace'
Moore left the big-screen project about Linda Lovelace, starring Amanda Seyfried, earlier this week.
Sarah Jessica Parker has been tapped to replace Demi Moore as Gloria Steinem in Lovelace, a biopic on one of the most famous adult film actresses of all time Linda Lovelace.
The announcement comes just days after Moore left the project after news surfaced that the 49-year-old actress had been taken to a Los Angeles hospital to treat "exhaustion" and her "overall health." The next day, former Big Love star Chloe Sevigny was cast as a feminist journalist.
Amanda Seyfried plays the title role in Lovelace, with Peter Sarsgaard portraying her husband Chuck Traynor. Sevigny, Debi Mazar, Cory Hardrict, Adam Brody, Eric Roberts, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Robert Patrick, Wes Bentley, Sharon Stone and Juno Temple round out the ensemble. James Franco will make a cameo as Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.
Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman (Howl) will direct the film, written by Andy Bellin (Trust).
Parker appeared in last year's New Year's Eve and I Don't Know How She Does It. In August 2011, she signed on to lend her voice in the animated film Escape From Planet Earth.
Production began Dec. 20, 2011 in Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!