Sarah Jessica Parker Preps NYC Pad For Hurricane Irene
The "I Don't Know How She Does It" actress revealed her storm plan.
Sarah Jessica Parker takes her weather warnings seriously.
The actress, who's currently promoting her new film I Don't Know How She Does It, told reporters Thursday that she is "battening down the hatches" in preparation for Hurricane Irene, which is expected to hit the East Coast and New York City Saturday.
SJP said she plans to remove anything that can fly through windows and is making sure she and husband, actor Matthew Broderick, and their son James Wilkie, 8, as well as two-year-old twins, Loretta and Tabitha, are fully stocked with water, flashlights and batteries.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has encouraged people to use Twitter and other social media sites to communicate rather than cell phones in the event the storm hits.
"Mobile phone devices are good tools, but they shouldn't be the only tool," FEMA administrator Craig Fugate said Thursday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR