Sarah Palin Agrees With Roger Ailes About Why She Was Rehired at Fox News
The former vice presidential nominee weighs in on a THR interview with the network chairman.
Sarah Palin agrees with Roger Ailes: she was rehired at Fox News to "piss off the people who wanted her dead."
When asked by THR why he hired Palin back a few months after allowing her contract to expire, Ailes said: "The only two people I knew who got worse press than her were Richard Nixon and George W. Bush -- some of it unfairly, much of it unfair to her family … . I probably hired her back, if you really want to get to the bottom of it, to give her a chance to say her piece and piss off the people that wanted her dead."
Palin took to her Facebook page Wednesday to second the notion: "Fox’s Roger Ailes says he hired me to ‘piss off the people that wanted her dead.’ Hmmm. Funny. I accepted for the same reason!"
Also, part of the Q&A published Wednesday at THR was discussion about an upcoming, unauthorized biography of Ailes by New York magazine contributing editor Gabriel Sherman. Ailes has publicly stated that he did not participate in the book. Palin briefly addressed that issue on her Facebook page, as well.
“With another book coming out about Roger Ailes and Fox News, stay tuned to find out what I really think about all this,” she wrote, while linking to an article at conservative site Breitbart.com that favorably compares Fox News to MSNBC and CNN.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!