Sarah Palin Angered Roger Ailes by Not Announcing Presidential Campaign Plans on Fox News (Report)
Palin, a commentator on the cable news network, instead revealed that she wouldn't be running for the nation's highest office on Mark Levin's talk-radio show.
The Fox News commentator -- and former reality star and governor of Alaska -- reportedly angered network chief Roger Ailes by choosing to announce her intentions on Mark Levin's talk-radio show Oct. 5. The reveal came after months of speculation about her plans and got a bit lost amid the news of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' death.
Later that night, she gave a follow-up interview on Fox News' On the Record With Greta Van Susteren.
Ailes was reportedly so upset by Palin's handling of the announcement that he considered refusing to put her on the air again and letting the remainder of her $1 million contract expire in 2013.
"I paid her for two years to make this announcement on my network," Ailes is said to have told Fox News executive vp Bill Shine at the time.
Shine then called Palin's reps, who discussed the matter with Palin, who then apologized.
As for why she reached out to Levin to make her announcement rather than Fox News, Palin is said to be upset that Fox News regularly employs Karl Rove as a contributor. The two have a history of feuding with each other.
Meanwhile, the New York Magazine reports that Palin and Ailes' relationship is still tense, with Palin not providing the ratings boost he was expecting when he hired her.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)