Sarah Palin's 'Today' Gig Proves to be Less Competition for Katie Couric and 'GMA'
UPDATED: Ratings for Tuesday's morning shows have NBC winning by a narrower lead, despite the touted guest-hosting from the former governor of Alaska.
With all of the attention of the network morning shows this week, it bears mentioning that Good Morning America made demo gains on Today during Katie Couric's second appearance.
Fast affiliate ratings have Today barely improving among adults 25-54 from Monday, notching just another 50,000 viewers for 2.209 million. GMA grew 157,000 for 1.917 million in the demo.
Still, Tuesday is a typically strong day for GMA during seasons of Dancing With the Stars, since it falls between ABC's broadcasts of the performance and results shows. It's led by wider margins in the current cycle.
Among total viewers, both series were up, but they were almost dead even in their growth. GMA only notched half of a percent more, Monday to Tuesday, earning 5.141 million. Today was up to nearly 5.5 million.
Tuesday's broadcasts seemed evenly hyped for both networks. Couric continued her week sitting in for GMA co-host Robin Roberts, while Today had a first time guest co-host in Sarah Palin.
Palin was famously interviewed by Couric in 2008 when Couric was still at CBS. She's since gone on record saying she'd never be interviewed by her again. Of their minor ratings battle, Palin said "Game on" in an interview with Breitbart News.
To date, the current season of GMA is averaging 528,000 behind Today in total viewers and 449,000 behind in the demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game