Sarah Polley Joins Wim Wenders’ New 3D Project ‘Everything Will Be Fine’
The family drama is expected to premiere at the Berlin Film Festival next year.
BERLIN -- Canadian actress Sarah Polley has joined the cast of Wim Wenders’ new film, Everything Will Be Fine, a family drama to be shot in 3D.
Polley's most recent work was behind the camera, as the writer-director of romantic drama Take This Waltz, starring Seth Rogen, Michelle Williams and Sarah Silverman. Polley now is adapting Margaret Atwood's historical novel Alias Grace for the big screen.
Wenders is keeping details of Everything Will Be Fine under wraps, but the plot -- from a script by Norwegian screenwriter Bjørn Olaf Johannessen -- is believed to focus on a German magician who disappears in the wilds of rural Norway. Gian-Piero Ringel, who produced Wenders’ 3D dance documentary Pina, is also on board.
HanWay is handling worldwide rights on Everything Will Be Fine and will be preselling the title in Cannes next week.
The drama picked up $778,000 in production financing from German regional film fund the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg.
Wenders is expected to deliver Everything Will Be Fine by the end of the year, making a premiere likely for the Berlin International Film festival in February.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR