Racy 'Savages' Trailer Features Blake Lively and Her Two Beaus Taylor Kitsch and Aaron Johnson (Video)
John Travolta and Salma Hayek also star in Oliver Stone's latest -- a glossy thriller about two drug dealers fighting against the Mexican drug cartel that kidnapped their shared girlfriend.
After four epic, politically-driven films, Oliver Stone switches gears with Savages, a decidedly more visceral story about two drug dealers who face off against a Mexican drug cartel after their shared girlfriend is kidnapped. In the film’s first trailer, which premiered Thursday on MTV, O (Blake Lively) offers a promising introduction to the film’s serpentine narrative: “Just because I’m telling you this story doesn’t mean that I’m alive at the end of it.”
Savages stars Aaron Johnson and Taylor Kitsch as (respectively) Ben and Chon, two drug dealers who eke out a comfortable if modest living in Laguna Beach. But after they refuse a partnership with a drug cartel interested in their turf, boss Elena (Salma Hayek) sends her henchmen to kidnap O. Despite the protestations of a Federal agent named Dennis (John Travolta) who’s been protecting them from the law, Ben and Chon decide to fight back against the cartel, unleashing an all-out war.
Watch the clip below:
Savages arrives in theaters nationwide July 6, 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram