'Saving Mr. Banks' Cast on the 'Complex' P. L. Travers (Exclusive Video)
The Disney film, starring Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, will open AFI Fest on Thursday, Nov. 7.
Saving Mr. Banks will bring to the big screen the story of the making of Mary Poppins and the colorful interactions between Walt Disney and the book's author, P. L. Travers.
"For an actor, she was a wonderful case study, requiring so many different shades. She just was so complex," says Emma Thompson of the famous writer.
Directed by John Lee Hancock from a screenplay written by Kelly Marcel, Saving Mr. Banks follows Disney (Tom Hanks) as he tries to convince Travers (Thompson) to allow him to adapt her book for the big screen.
Here, The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a new featurette that dives into the task of bringing the colorful Travers to the big screen. The video features Hanks, Hancock and Thompson commenting on Travers, along with several clips showing off her colorful personality.
Saving Mr. Banks will open AFI Fest on Thursday, Nov. 7, and opens wide in the U.S. on Dec. 20.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)