Sixth Grade Math Teacher Suspended for Screening 'Saw' During Class
The 2004 horror flick from director James Wan is referred to as “torture porn” by a French radio network.
It’s like a scene out of Bad Teacher, only Cameron Diaz is nowhere to be found.
A sixth grade math teacher in France has been suspended after he reportedly showed James Wan’s 2004 horror flick Saw to his class. French radio network Europe 1 first reported the news (via Gawker), referring to the film as “torture porn.”
“This will be your first horror film,” Jean-Baptiste Clement allegedly told his 11-year-old students.
According to a report from France’s The Local, the father of one distraught student brought the issue to the school after his son came home appearing “visibly in some discomfort.”
Clement was reportedly called into a disciplinary meeting on Tuesday, where he was given a one-day suspension from teaching. A rep for the school district said that they would be completing a more thorough investigation, and that Clement could receive more severe punishment as the investigation is completed.
The news comes on the heels of a similar situation stateside, in which a sixth grade Georgia-based teacher was investigated for allegedly showing R-rated films including The Campaign and Ted to his students.
Wan, who will next helm the seventh iteration of Universal’s Fast & Furious franchise, had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws