SBIFF honors Firth for 'Single Man' role
Will be presented with outstanding performance award
Colin Firth, who stars in Tom Ford's "A Single Man," will be presented with the Santa Barbara International Film Festival's Outstanding Performance of the Year Award at Santa Barbara's Arlington Theatre on Feb.13.
In the film adaptation of Christopher Isherwood's novel, Firth plays a college professor in Los Angeles in 1962 dealing with the death of his male lover.
"Colin Firth grabs on to the best role of his career in 'A Single Man,' forcing us to have another look at his incredible list of films up to this point," SBIFF exec director Roger Durling said. "He's one of the most enduring performers working in cinema today, and we're so thrilled that we're honoring this most deserving actor at the peak of his game."
The fest runs from Feb. 4-14.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!