Scarlett Johansson Cover of Serge Gainsbourg Song Hits Web (Audio)
The actress sings "Bonnie and Clyde," the best-known track by the iconic French 60s pop star, with the late legend's son for an upcoming tribute album.
Actress and singer Scarlett Johansson has a soft spot for French singer Serge Gainsbourg.
The Avengers star was asked by the late legend’s son Lulu Gainsbourg to duet with him on perhaps the best-known track by the iconic 60s pop star, “Bonnie & Clyde,” and audio for the track has just hit the Internet.
The song is part of a forthcoming tribute album to Gainsbourg, From Lulu To Gainsbourg, which will reportedly feature such names as Vanessa Paradis, Iggy Pop, Marianne Faithfull and Rufus Wainwright in addition to offerings from Gainsbourg offspring Lulu and Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Brigitte Bardot sang on the original 1968 version of “Bonnie & Clyde” with Serge Gainsbourg, who passed away 20 years ago.
Johansson, of course, is no stranger to the music world. In 2008, she released Anywhere I Lay My Head, an album of Tom Waits covers, and in 2009 she covered Jeff Buckley’s “Last Goodbye,” which appeared on the soundtrack to the movie He’s Just Not That Into You. She also has recorded with singer-songwriter Pete Yorn.
More recently, Johansson sang "One Whole Hour" for the soundtrack of the documentary film Wretches And Jabberers.
Hear her take on “Bonnie & Clyde” with Lulu Gainsbourg below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR