Scarlett Johansson, Denzel Washington Win Germany’s Golden Camera
R&B legend Dionne Warwick and Dutch jazz singer Caro Emerald to receive music honors at national awards show.
COLOGNE, Germany - Scarlett Johnasson and Oscar-winner Denzel Washington will be honored in Germany this weekend with the Golden Camera prize, one of the country's top entertainment awards.
Johansson, who stars in Joss Whedon's summer tentpole The Avengers, will receive the best international actress award while Washington, currently in theaters with Daniel Espinosa's Safe House, picks up the Golden Camera for best international actor.
In the music categories, R&B legend Dionne Warwick will receive a lifetime achievement honor and Dutch jazz sensation Caro Emerald will be honored with the best music international nod.
The Golden Cameras are arguably Germany's most prestigious awards show, on par with the Oscars or the Emmys. Every year some 4-6 million Germans tune in to watch the live, three-hour Golden Camera broadcast. Last year's winners included John Travolta, Rene Zellweger and Michael J. Fox.
The 2012 Golden Cameras will be held Saturday, Feb. 4 in Berlin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR