Scarlett Johansson, Denzel Washington Win Germany’s Golden Camera
R&B legend Dionne Warwick and Dutch jazz singer Caro Emerald to receive music honors at national awards show.
COLOGNE, Germany - Scarlett Johnasson and Oscar-winner Denzel Washington will be honored in Germany this weekend with the Golden Camera prize, one of the country's top entertainment awards.
Johansson, who stars in Joss Whedon's summer tentpole The Avengers, will receive the best international actress award while Washington, currently in theaters with Daniel Espinosa's Safe House, picks up the Golden Camera for best international actor.
In the music categories, R&B legend Dionne Warwick will receive a lifetime achievement honor and Dutch jazz sensation Caro Emerald will be honored with the best music international nod.
The Golden Cameras are arguably Germany's most prestigious awards show, on par with the Oscars or the Emmys. Every year some 4-6 million Germans tune in to watch the live, three-hour Golden Camera broadcast. Last year's winners included John Travolta, Rene Zellweger and Michael J. Fox.
The 2012 Golden Cameras will be held Saturday, Feb. 4 in Berlin.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'