Scarlett Johansson as Sex Predator in Terrifying 'Under the Skin' Trailer
"Sexy Beast" director Jonathan Glazer returns with a mesmerizing new sci-fi thriller based on the novel by Michael Faber.
What exactly are we seeing in the extended trailer for director Jonathan Glazer's Under the Skin?
There's the obvious: Star Scarlett Johansson luring men -- and potential victims? -- into her car. What follows is a barrage of bold and beautiful images, teasing a surreal vision with nightmarish undertones. Spine-tingling chills abound.
Under the Skin marks Glazer's first film since 2004's Birth, an equally methodical sci-fi tale starring Nicole Kidman. After cutting his teeth in the world of music videos and commercials, Glazer transitioned to features with 2000's Sexy Beast, a film that brought Ben Kingsley an Oscar nomination. Under the Skin looks and feels most like an extension of his short work — dark, twisted and hypnotic.
The film premiered at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival where it left many simultaneously blown away and scratching their heads. THR's review describes its "disturbingly subterranean male-female issues … with results more pictorially arresting than intellectually coherent."
A24 picked up Under the Skin at TIFF, but has yet to set a release date.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws