Scarlett Johansson to Receive Honorary Cesar Award
The French version of the Oscars will honor the actress at its Feb. 28 ceremony in Paris.
PARIS -- Scarlett Johansson will receive this year’s honorary Cesar award at the French equivalent of the Oscars on Feb. 28.
The French academy will honor the Golden Globe and BAFTA-nominated actress for her career, ranging from her role in The Horse Whisperer with Robert Redford at 14 to her most recently lauded work as the voice of an operating system that falls in love with Joaquin Phoenix in Her.
Academy president Alain Terzian particularly cited Johansson’s work in Lost in Translation, in which revealed her to the world as a “major talent,” and her time as Woody Allen’s muse in Match Point, Scoop and Vicky Christina Barcelona when a "huge actress was born."
The award is traditionally handed out to a foreign actor for their body of work. Previous recipients of the honorary award have been Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet and Dustin Hoffman. Last year's award went to Oscar-winner Kevin Costner.
Johansson recently wrapped shooting Luc Besson’s Lucy with Morgan Freeman, much of which was shot outside of Paris at EuropaCorp’s Cite du Cinema studios.
Since relocating to Paris after becoming engaged to journalist Romain Dauriac, Johansson celebrated her arrival on the launch issue cover of the new French edition of Vanity Fair as “Une Americaine a Paris” (An American in Paris), but also criticized the local citizens for being rude in a recent appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother